Thoughts that cross my mind!
I am Prerana. Just Prerana for now!
I wanted to start writing since so long but today was the day that it had to start.
Everyday lots of things cross our minds. Our blood boils on many things. Our heart melts on many things. And what do we do about it? Be Silent! Or would debate or discuss over it.
I am not here to give any gyaan as I do nothing different. Yes, but one thing that I feel I do differently is, from every incidence I learn and I evolve as a human. I become more sensitive. I become less judgmental.
Life gives us difficulties to teach us something. Life shows us difficult times so that we can learn from it. I have always believed that we should learn from our as well as others mistakes.
In my posts I would be writing my mistakes and what I have learnt from them!
My mistakes and struggles make me a better person. Mistakes teach me new lessons, struggles make me more sensitive towards others.
एव्हडं काही कठीण नाही …
मनात आलं कि सहज फोन उचलून लावावा त्या मित्राला
बोलणे ज्याच्याशी राहिलेले अर्धवट दूध उतू जाईल म्हणून,
पुस्तक घ्यावं ते हातात एक पान वाचायला
वर्णाला उकळ येई पर्यंत..
लावावं YouTube वर ते गाणं “तुमचं”
झाडू लादी करताना,
आणि मधेच भरकटावं त्या अल्लड प्रेमाचा आठवणीत
मुलाचा homework घेताना
झालो मोठे आपण आणि
तशाच झाल्या जबाबदाऱ्या हि मोठ्या,
मनातल्या कोपऱ्यात तरीही असतो
तो अल्लडपणा बालपणातला !
आसमंत भरून येताच
मनालाही पूर येतो,
तो पोरकटपणा बाहेर येतो
मग घेऊन छत्री वा रेनकोट
मन खिडकीतून बाहेर पडतं
कोसळणाऱ्या त्या पावसात
ते थुई थुई नाचतं..
मानला वयचं भान येताच
ते पटकन खिडकीतून आत उडी मारतं.
मी त्या पावसाला खिडकीतूनच पाहते
आणि भिजायची इच्छा मात्र तीव्र होऊन जाते
माझं मन आता माझी समजूत काढतं
तुझं तुलाच जप जरा, ऐक माझं मनोसोक्त रहा
पावसाची हि पहिली सर, जरा भिजून तरी पहा
मानाचं मनावर घेऊन मी घराबाहेर पडते
आणि त्याचा प्रेमात मी मनसोक्त भिजते
एव्हडं काही कठीण नाही मानाचं ऐकणं
एव्हडं काही कठीण नाही आयुष्य जगणं !
Photo credits : https://www.flickr.com/photos/httpwwwyoumeflickrcom/8096554090
Autism, or autism spectrum disorder, refers to a range of conditions characterized by challenges with social skills, repetitive behaviors, speech and nonverbal communication, as well as by unique strengths and differences.
Now here, by providing the above information, I created a little bit of awareness regarding Autism. But with awareness, we also need to bring up acceptance!
Awareness is easy, Acceptance requires actual work!
Few tips to start with acceptance:
- Understand the difference between “being autistic” and “having autism”. The child with Autism is so much more than just “Autistic”. Understand him and accept him with all his challenges.
- Kids on spectrum are very much part of the society as any other neurotypical child. Integrate them! Teach your child to be friends with special child because a child on spectrum would find it very difficult to initiate and interact. When you teach your child this, you are also building your child to be a sensitive and caring individual.
- Kids on spectrum find it difficult to express. They express in their own ways which we don’t understand unless we look very closely. But this doesn’t mean that they don’t understand or have emotions / feelings. Don’t speak in front of the child as if he doesn’t exist.
- Ask the parents how can you help? Your smallest gesture can make a big difference in their life.
- Treat this child as a child! He/ she deserves their basic right to be a child.
I am a mom of a 6 year of boy who is diagnosed with Autism. Your child must be weak in English, science or may be math.. My child is a little weak in his communication. That’s the only difference. As a Special Mom I want to say please look at my child as a child first.
Your child may scream with excitement, mine would run around. The way of expression is different but my child too likes to express and I am proud of it.
–A Mom on WAAD.